The Ethics Guide in practice
WHO DOES IT APPLY TO?
The Ethics Guide applies to all Rexel Employees.
Rexel Employees designate all the staff, corporate officers, members of executive committees, and management of the Rexel Group and its subsidiaries worldwide, including temporary, external and occasional or new associates or employees within the Rexel.
Rexel intends the Ethics Guide to be known, understood and applied by all its Employees.
HOW TO USE THE ETHICS GUIDE?
Employees should thoroughly read the Ethics Guide, including the documents mentioned in this guide, to fully understand Rexel’s culture and requirements in terms of business ethics and compliance with the laws and regulations to which Rexel is subject.
THE ETHICS GUIDE:
- May be completed with further commitments to address new laws and regulations or address local issues;
- is not a substitute for the laws, regulations and other domestic rules that apply, it is a guide and a framework for Employees, who must also ensure that their actions and decisions comply with the Ethics Guide;
- cannot be comprehensive, Employees may find themselves confronted with a situation that is difficult to interpret.
THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS MAY HELP EMPLOYEES TO RECOGNISE AND AVOID DELICATE SITUATIONS:
- Is this situation covered in the Ethics Guide?
- Could my decision have negative consequences for Rexel?
- Am I making this choice of my own free will?
- What would my professional and personal environment think of my actions?